Lindsey Lodge Hospice is expanding its on-site restaurant opening hours and offering a range of dining opportunities and a new menu to members of the public, as well as offering more choice to its patients, staff, families and a carers and volunteers.
We require additional staff in order to give a high class service and experience to all the restaurant users.
The post will require flexibility in terms of shifts over a 7 day rota with hours worked between 7am and 7pm. In addition ,the right candidate will need to offer flexibility regarding working within the kitchen and also being part of the front of house serving all our customers. The role will require cash handling and use of a till, working with volunteers in the restaurant supporting both patients and serving visitors.
Under the supervision of the Chef and supervisors, to undertake a range of catering and hospitality duties for patients, staff, families and the public.
To provide excellent standards of visitor service at all times to maximise visitor enjoyment of the hospice and to ensure that dietary requirements are met and quality is of a high standard.
To ensure the highest standards of communication, presentation and cleanliness working as an effective team member with other members of staff within the housekeeping and catering team, but also the wider teams and roles within the hospice.
- Good general Education
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- NVQ 11or willingness to undertake.
- Willingness to undertake training
- Experience in cooking tasty and nutritious food
- Experience of working in a kitchen/catering environment
- Experience of serving customers
- Experience of handling cash and use of a till.
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to high quality catering
- Confident people skills
- Clearly understand the need for confidentiality
- Commitment to undertake mandatory training
- Experience of working with people who are ill
- Knowledge of infection control as it relates to catering.