Lindsey Lodge Event Volunteer
What will I be doing?
Every year hundreds of volunteers run, swim, hike, cycle and support to help raise funds for Lindsey Lodge and their vital work, and this wouldn’t be possible without the help of our wonderful volunteers.
Whether it’s manning a cheering checkpoint, helping to manage a start area or collecting with a bucket at the supermarket, our events volunteers play a vital role in making events happen.
Once you’re in as an events volunteer it’s easy to get hooked. For some people it’s the excitement of event day and meeting new people. For others it’s developing new skills and being more behind the scenes. All of our volunteers are passionate about the cause and that’s what makes the difference.
If you’re interested in opportunities near you then read on to find out more….
You may be asked to:
How much time will I be expected to give?
- Control car parking
- Meet and greet participants/spectators
- Help set up and clear down an event
- Support participants as they take part by marshalling routes, by walking, manning stations, cycling or driving.
- Cheering or handing out refreshments
- Manning stalls
- Bucket collecting
- Help with administration and managing of start/finish areas
The amount of time you give will be dependent upon your role at an event. There could be early mornings or late finishes, but we will never expect you to help more than what you are comfortable with. Some roles, such as helping with registration or other administration roles may only require your help for a couple of hours.
Who will I be volunteering with?
What skills do I need?
- You will be volunteering as part of the fundraising team, working with other volunteers, helping to create a great experience for our supporters.
Along with having great communication and interpersonal skills we ask that you are:
What can I expect from Lindsey Lodge?
- Flexible and willing to be outdoors.
- Enthusiastic about supporting Lindsey Lodge.
- A drivers licence would be preferable but not essential.
- Willing to work alone or as part of a team.
In return for your valuable help at our events we aim to ensure that volunteers have an enjoyable, fulfilling and worthwhile experience. You’ll have support from the Lindsey Lodge Fundraising Team, with the opportunity to develop new skills and meet like-minded people.
You will be representing Lindsey Lodge at community fundraising events and our reputation is of the highest importance and should always be in the forefront when helping at our events. Wherever possible we will limit lone working and volunteer safety is a main priority. Fundraising staff will give specific requirements for the day in advance by email or phone call.
I’m interested, what’s my next step?
If you’d like to find out more about becoming a volunteer, register your interest today by emailing email@example.com or by following our Facebook group www.facebook.com/lindseylodgevolunteers