Our Inpatient Unit Volunteers support our clinical team and patients in a variety of ways, including:
- Engaging with patients
- Changing water jugs/glasses (depending on patients’ needs)
- Preparing and serving hot drinks/biscuits.
- Clearing away and washing up
- Ensuring the kitchen area is kept clean and tidy
- Ensuring patients are ready for their meal, bed and table clear etc.
- Assist nursing staff as and when required
- Monitor contents of fridge - check all opened items are labelled and dated.
- Liaise with main kitchen regarding supplies
- Tend to any flowers - change water/remove any dead blooms
- Undertake kitchen audits as required
- Adhere to Basic Food Hygiene requirements
- Check Stock in cupboards
- Clean out cupboards
- Additional weekend duties-Working with and supporting nursing staff by answering the door or telephone plus any other duties a required.
- Ward Shopper-purchasing small items for patients from the local supermarket
We will need to complete a DBS check, but no formal qualifications are necessary. A full adherence to confidentiality and security are needed but training will be given (ie Patient confidentiality).
You will need strong and confident communications skills, with a key skill being a good listener and being able to communicate at all levels with a diverse range of people.
Have a caring and compassionate nature and sensitive to patients’ needs.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 01724 270835, or download our volunteer application form