Our Wellbeing Centre Volunteers support our clinical team and patients in a wide variety of ways including:
- Assisting patients with signing in/out of the Wellbeing Centre using the electronic system
- Engaging with patients through conversation, quizzes, table top games, crafts etc.
- Preparing and serving hot drinks/biscuits
- Ensuring the main day room and kitchen area is kept clean and tidy inclusive of clearing away and washing up
- Ensuring patients are ready for lunch including checking if the patient would like to use the toilet prior to lunch
- Assisting nursing and therapy staff as and when required
- Adhering to Basic Food Hygiene requirements
- Checking and tidying the lounge after patients have left; returning any unused food to the main kitchen
- Directing any patient queries to their named nurse e.g. health, personal, dietary
We will need to complete a DBS check, but no formal qualifications are necessary. A full adherence to confidentiality and security are needed but training will be given (ie Patient confidentiality).
You will need strong and confident communications skills, with a key skill being a good listener and being able to communicate at all levels with a diverse range of people.
Have a caring and compassionate nature and sensitive to patients’ needs.
For more information, please email email@example.com, phone 01724 270835, or download our volunteer application form