Polar International Challenge
Friday 11th – Sunday 13th March 2022
Registration £410 (£100 upon sign up & £310 due in November)
£500 minimum sponsorship
Limited places available!
(Entries must be 16 years or over)
Join the team creating Lindsey Lodge history by taking on our very first International Challenge!
A full gear check list, travel option details and Expedition itinerary is available upon sign up or by contacting Peter at Lindsey Lodge on 01724 270835 ext 212 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Highly qualified Expedition team leader
- Exped & team training day (November 2021)
- Train journey from Oslo to Finse & return
- Specialist equipment (pulk, harness, polar tents, cooking equipment, snowshoes).
- Medial safety equipment and supplies & access to RMS team of doctors.
- On the Plateau meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner on Saturday, breakfast on Sunday)
For some of the team taking on this challenge, this will be the long awaited completion of the initial attempt back in 2020. Stepping off the train, they were met with the news of the pandemic, cutting their adventure short. We are truly grateful to the team, and dedicated to supporting their accomplishment of this incredible expedition. See their video here: https://youtu.be/QoNjtalKN-Q
Key information to consider before signing up to this challenge:
– There’s a couple of options to choose from when it comes to getting to the start point of the expedition in Norway.
- Traveling with our Exped leader - Flying from Humberside to Oslo on the morning of Friday 11th March, taking the train from Oslo to Finse.
- Extending your stay before & after to experience more of what Norway has to offer by traveling with Andy, Trevor & Stewart (members of the original 2020 team). Flying from Humberside to Oslo a day earlier on the morning of Thursday 10th, taking the train from Oslo to Geilo. Enjoying an overnight and leisurely morning in Geilo. Then joining the participants who chose travel option 1 on the train heading to Finse on Friday afternoon. Then extending the stay after the expedition with another stay in Geilo on Sunday 13th March, taking the Monday morning train from Geilo to Oslo. Enjoying an overnight and leisurely morning in Oslo before taking the return flight back to Humberside late Tuesday afternoon.
- Making your own arrangements, meeting our Exped leader at Oslo train station mid-afternoon Friday 11th March ( exact time to be confirmed )
– In addition to the joining fee of £410 (£100 deposit on sign up & £310 due in November), there are other costs to consider. Flight costs to Oslo (around £100), accommodation if choosing to extend (around £50pp per night), travel insurance (around £20), Upgrading your included snow shoe to skis & boots (around £60), Personal equipment such as Sleeping bag, Sleeping mat, ski poles (Option to rent from Exped is available – costs from £40 upwards), drinks & snacks outside of the supplied food and spending money (including tips for local staff).
- Upon sign up you will receive a welcome email with links to set up your online sponsorship page and join our Challenge with Lindsey Lodge Facebook group.
- Shortly after you will receive your welcome pack including paper sponsorship form, key challenge information, challenge agreement and new Challenge with Lindsey Lodge t-shirt.
- November team meeting – Come along to meet your fellow team members, the Exped leaders and staff from Lindsey Lodge. This meeting is designed to run through all the details of the upcoming challenge, confirm decisions on travel, food & kit. We will also arrange final balance payments, offer access to our team WhatsApp group and run through any questions you may have. ( Booked for Monday 15th November – subject to change )
- November team training day – The perfect opportunity to bond with your team mates, while the Exped leaders prepare everyone with some of the experiences helpful in readiness for March 2022. ( Booked for Saturday 27th November, location Kinder Scout Peak District – Subject to change )
- February pre event brief – Final chance to meet up and run through final checks.
- March – The adventure starts!